View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001002||The Babylon Project||Table issue||public||2014-04-16 12:20||2015-03-14 03:44|
|Platform||PC Desktop||OS||Windows 7 x64||OS Version||SP1|
|Product Version||Zathras 2.6|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001002: Multiple table errors on launch in every FSO version post-r10391|
|Description||This is what I did:|
- I downloaded and installed TBP 3.4b final into a new directory
- Downloaded and installed Campaign package 2.0 into this same directory (adding also Drums of war 3, new "Operations" and Fortune Hunters 3 (or whatever it's called XD)
- Downloaded and installed Zathras 2.8 into its own subdirectory
- Downloaded and installed HTLpackage into its own subdirectory
- Downloaded and replaced the main FSO executable (with a newest nightly) and the launcher 5.5b (with a newer 5.5g)
- Set up some basic parameters and mod selections (HTL primary, Zathras secondary)
- Tried to run the game
- Got 34 errors, weapons.tbl mentioned at least the three first times.
Debug build gives the following error:
weapons.tbl(line 7545): Error: Missing required token: [+Bitmap:]. Found [$Icon: iconTempest] instead.
ERROR: weapons.tbl(line 7545):
Error: Missing required token: [+Bitmap:]. Found [$Icon: iconTempest] instead.
Int3(): From c:\code\fs2_open_0\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1253
The whole log is added as an attachment.
|Steps To Reproduce||Get a post-r10391 nightly build and try to launch the TBP with it.|
|Additional Information||This is the commit that caused this behaviour:|
$ git bisect good
e39f7d1fa8d58c53ae82c07247a5e20f1b58e636 is the first bad commit
Author: Echelon9 <[email protected]>
Date: Sat Feb 1 22:05:47 2014 +0000
Fix Mantis 2997: Make +Bitmap a required table item if a weapon trail has been set
git-svn-id: svn://svn.icculus.org/fs2open/trunk/[email protected] 387891d4-d844-0410-90c0-e4c51a9137d3
Apparently this commit was a response to this Mantis Ticket:
|Tags||No tags attached.|
fs2_open.log (13,289 bytes)
This is a problem in Zathras version 2.8 as well, but should be a very easy fix. A +Bitmap parameter will need to be added to the "Nothing" dummy weapon that is used in multiplayer missions. We can probably get away with using an existing graphic since the "weapon" in question cannot be fired anyway.
I should add that this will address the first problem encountered. The other 33 errors the debug build throws up will be their own adventure.